Journal of Marine Biology & Oceanography ISSN: 2324-8661

All submissions of the EM system will be redirected to Online Manuscript Submission System. Authors are requested to submit articles directly to Online Manuscript Submission System of respective journal.

Microplastics Impact on Water and Aquatic Systems

Plastics are thrown into waterways at an alarming rate, resulting in splintered debris that produces small particles known as microplastics. Microplastic's smaller size makes it easier for aquatic organisms to consume it, resulting in the accumulation of toxic wastes and disrupting their physiological functions. Microplastics are widely available and have a high proclivity for interacting with the ecosystem, causing biogenic flora and fauna to be disrupted. Oceans cover over 71% of the earth's surface and hold 97% of the world's water. The remaining 3% is found in ponds, streams, glaciers, and ice caps, as well as as water vapour in the sky.

Special Features

Full Text

View

Track Your Manuscript

Scheduled supplementary issues

View More »

Media Partners

GET THE APP