Short Communication, Int J Cardiovasc Res Vol: 9 Issue: 5
Bronchial artery Aneurysm Diagnosis and Treatment
Mamatha Dereddy and Chandana Paladugu*
Doctor of Pharmacy, Sri Indu Institute of Pharmacy, India
*Corresponding Author: Dr. Chandana Paladugu
Doctor of Pharmacy, Sri Indu Institute of Pharmacy, Hyderabad, India
E-mail: [email protected]
Received: July 21, 2020 Accepted: August 21, 2020 Published: August 28, 2020
Citation: Dereddy M, Paladugu C (2020) Bronchial artery Aneurysm Diagnosis and Treatment. Int J Cardiovasc Res 9:5. doi: 10.37532/icrj.2020.9(5).410
Bronchial artery aneurism could be a rare vascular abnormality, with associate degree incidence of <1% supported diagnosing by selective CT angiograpgy. It’s manifested in varied forms, starting from associate degree incidental finding on radiologic examination to serious hemorrhage ensuing from aneurism rupture. These pulmonary arteries provide deoxygenated blood at an awfully low pressure. These blood vessels provide ninety nine of the blood flow to the lungs and will do the gas exchange at the alveolar capillary membrane.
Keywords: Cardiology; Pulmonary artery
Definition: It’s a kind of aneurysmal dilatation involving any segment of the bronchial artery. It’s an awfully rare disease [1,2]. Etiology: The etiology of the artery aneurism isn’t clear until currently . Epidemiology: The incidence of the artery aneurism is a smaller amount than 1 Chronicles supported the diagnosing . Diagnosis
The symptoms of the artery aneurism
There are 2 kinds of treatments for the artery aneurism:
1. Invasive-It involves the ligation or surgical process of the lesion
2. Non invasive
Invasive: It involves the ligature or surgical process of the lesion. It’s an awfully effective treatment for the damaged artery lesions. It ought to be principally preferred for the patients with contraindications to endovascular treatments.
Non Invasive: It involves the embolization of the artery or inserting associate degree aortal tube graft. It is the foremost used technique for the treatment of the artery aneurysm. It’s principally most well-liked for the stable patients.
It’s an awfully rare disease that is life threatening.
- Tanaka K, Ihaya A, Horiuci T, Morioka K, Kimura T, et al. (2003) Giant mediastinal bronchial artery aneurysm mimicking benign esophageal tumor: a case report and review of 26 cases from literature. J Vasc Surg. 38: 1125–1129.
- Hyeon B, Heon H (2017) Diagnosis of bronchial artery aneurysm by computed tomography: a case report. Radiol Case Rep. 12: 455–459.
- Tan AK, Thirugnanam A (2013) Giant bronchial artery aneurysm presenting as a right hilar mass. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 21: 227–230.
- Kim HJ, Son HS, Cho SB, Kim KT (2013) Development of a life-threatening mediastinal hematoma from a ruptured bronchial artery aneurysm. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 146: e47–e49.
- Kim JS, Lee SY, Son KH, Kim KW, Choi CH, et al. (2015) Bronchial artery aneurysm presenting as hematemesis and mediastinal hemorrhage. Korean J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 48: 298–301.
- Kalangos A, Khatchatourian G, Panos A, Faidutti B (1997) Ruptured mediastinal bronchial artery aneurysm: a dilemma of diagnosis and therapeutic approach. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 114: 853–856.
- Walker CM, Rosado-de-Christenson ML, Martinez-Jimenez S, Kunin JR, Wible BC, et al. (2015) Bronchial arteries: anatomy, function, hypertrophy, and anomalies. Radiographics. 35: 32–49.
- Fukunaga A, Okushiba S, Ohno K, Kitashiro S, Kawarada Y, et al. (2003) Mediastinal bronchial artery aneurysm with hematemesis. Dis Esophagus. 16: 328–331.
- Fiorucci B, Simonte G (2016) Treatment of a bronchial artery aneurysm with placement of an aortic thoracic stent-graft. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 51: 717.
- Iida Y, Saguchi T, Ikeda N, Ogino H (2013) Bronchial artery aneurysm. J Vasc Surg. 58: 217