Editorial, J Spine Neurosurg Vol: 9 Issue: 5
Current Therapeutic and Surgical Approaches in Treatment of Spinal and Neurological Disorders
John H. Zhang*
Department of Neuroscience, Loma Linda University, USA
Received: August 13, 2020 Accepted: August 23, 2020 Published: August 30, 2020
Citation: Zhang JH (2020) Current Therapeutic and Surgical Approaches in Treatment of Spinal and Neurological Disorders. J Spine Neurosurg 9:5.
On behalf of the editorial board members of the Journal of Spine and Neurosurgery, it is my privilege to bring forth this latest issue of the Journal. The Journal publishes peer reviewed articles on all the relevant topics of neuroscience with special emphasis on surgical procedures including endoscopic microdiscectomy, kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty, robotic spine surgery and percutaneous instrumentation. The systematic publication and schematic presentations make the journal one of the most referred open access journals and updated knowledge resource for clinicians, physicians, radiologists, orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, traumatologists, spinal surgeons, neurologists, clinical researchers as well as pathologists dealing with cranio-cerebral and vertebra-medullary infections. The current, upcoming and archives knowledge repository of the journal enables analysis, interpretation, clinical decision making, optimization of surgical procedures as well as management of surgical complications of spine and neurosurgery.
This year, the journal has successfully released all the issues at a bimonthly frequency which included about 14 scientific communications in the form of case reports, short note communications, original full length research articles and review articles in addition to the editorials. Valles  in a short note communication presented the role of chemokines and its receptors in amyloid precursor protein plus presenilin-1 mice commonly used for studies on Alzheimer’s disease. The author has determined the expression pattern of proteins in inflammation as compared to wild type mice based on RT-PCR and Western Blotting technique and has further noted that characterization of inflammation would be the constituent of therapeutic approach for Alzheimer’s disease. In the second report, Gaona  from Center for Neuro-Regenerative Medicine, Spain presented a comparative account of therapeutic efficiency of customary therapy for Parkinson’s disease with permanent acupuncture as against the similar treatment without acupuncture. Ernst  have emphasized that emerging technologies such as multi-axle rotational devices and cognitive motor training platforms facilitate multisensory integration and cognitive performance among children affected with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Diachkova  noted that MSCT and MRI based analysis of bone and soft tissue changes in patients affected with congenital pseudoarthrosis of the tibia would bring about better diagnostic interpretations. Based on a case study of a 62 year old patient, Roblot et al.  have reported that for cases showing immediate post operative neurological worsening, emergency MRI is essential to avoid misinterpretation of the diagnosis. Richardson  has noted that chronic pain is difficult to treat completely and negatively impacts patient’s lifestyle and has several causes. In another study based on the dissections performed to approach lumbar spinal canal, Lezcano  analyzed the cadaverous dimensions of the Kambin’s triangle and found that their dimensions vary little between each side where in the height of the cadaver determines the safe area of these triangles.
The clinical and surgical studies published in this issue holds immense relevance for developing and optimizing general therapeutic and surgical approaches for treatment and management of diseases and disorders affecting the spine and nervous system among patients of different age and physiological groups.
- Soraya L Valles (2020) Chemokines and chemokines’s receptors in APPPS1 mice. J Spine Neurosurg 2020 9:4. DOI: 10.4172/2325-9701.1000347
- Alfredo Munoz Gaona (2020) Comparative study of the efficacy of the usual therapy for Parkinson’s disease plus permanent acupuncture versus the usual therapy without acupuncture. J Spine Neurosurg 2020 9:4. DOI: 10.4172/2325-9701.1000346
- Markus Ernst (2020) Multi-sensory integration combined with cognitive performance as a therapeutic treatment approach in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). J Spine Neurosurg 2020 9:4. DOI: 10.4172/2325-9701.1000344
- Galina Diachkova (2020) Complex radiological findings in congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia. J Spine Neurosurg 2020 9:4. DOI: 10.4172/2325-9701.1000345
- Roblot P, Roscop C, Vital Jm, Gille O, Fara K (2020) Myelopathy’s Worsening Due to Adjacent Peroperative Discal Herniatio: Case Report. J Spine Neurosurg 9:2. DOI: 10.4172/2325-9701.1000342
- Leigh E Richardson (2020) Pain lives in the brain, not the body: The power of a neurocognitive perspective. J Spine Neurosurg 2020 9:4. DOI: 10.4172/2325-9701.1000343
- Lezcano H (2020) Anatomical Study of the Access Triangles to Intervertebral Disc. J Spine Neurosurg 9:4. DOI: 10.4172/2325-9701.1000341