Commentary, J Spine Neurosurg Vol: 11 Issue: 1
Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PELIF) in a Spine Gunshot Wound Case
Fred J Roisen*
Received date: 07 December, 2021, Manuscript No. JSNS-22-56436;
Editor assigned date: 09 December, 2021, PreQC No. JSNS-22-56436(PQ);
Reviewed date: 23 December, 2021, QC No JSNS-22-56436;
Revised date: 28 December, 2021, Manuscript No. JSNS-22-56436(R);
Published date: 07 January, 2022, DOI: 10.4172/2325-9701.1000102
Citation: Roisen FJ (2022) Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PELIF) in a Spine Gunshot Wound Case. J Spine Neurosurg 11:1.
The Gun Shot Wounds (GSWs) are a growing reason of morbidity and mortality, mainly in growing international locations in which they constitute a public fitness problem. These accidents are very not unusual place in younger guys and regularly the sufferers have entire neurological deficit. The social prices are increased, with excessive charges of without reserve of public spending and tough strenuous clinical conduction strenuous clinical conduction. The look for higher consequences and early sufferers recover, with speedy clinic discharge are necessary an urgent look for higher consequences and quicker medical healing of sufferers is needed. For this worrisome problem, the Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PELIF) it is not feasible to change, due to the fact is the methods name is a brand new and superior choice to come as a brand new remedy proposal deal with it. This examine describe a case that used this opportunity care.
The radiography, tomography and MRI preoperative display the hobby place and the access factor distance to be puncturing the precise dimension of the midline to make the inlet puncture, for that reason heading off addressing different regions or making needless resections. This keep away from needless resections or neural tissue manipulations because the same/ the precise dimension of the midline to make the inlet puncture, for that reason heading off addressing different regions or making needless resections. The affected person below preferred anesthesia and through the usage of preferred anesthesia with the usage of the picture enhancer, the puncture is achieved with an 18G needle we make a preliminary puncture with spinal needle anesthesia and radioscopy. The vertebral frame accessed is thru the poster lateral route, observed through a manual twine positioning, via the needle, sliding it to the middle of the manner, the usage of the needle and a manual twine, sliding interior it, to the critical area of the vertebral frame. Successive dilators are located at the guide wire and a beveled running cannula we then used a very last running cannula that 7.1 mm of internal diameter It is not feasible to change, due to the fact is located at the dilators, which slid over the dilators and guide wire are then removed, and the endoscope 6.9 mm of outer diameter, 6.1 mm of running channel, and 20 view perspective It is not feasible to change, due to the fact it’s the methods name. is inserted. The endoscope allow direct vertebral frame lesion visualization and the encircling neural systems, neighboring neural systems and vertebral harm are without delay seen with to technique and resect simply necessary, without neural manipulations and heading off instability or postoperative fibrosis postoperative fibrosis or instability is averted with a confined resection required. Initially, the health care professional behavior the endoscopic visualization to the initial endoscopic visualization is carried out through the health care professional to frameÂ´s wall, with endoscopic partial and direct view bone resection, the usage of an endoscopic drill system. So, a brand new guide wire is then inserted via the running channel of the endoscope, being placed a new positioning is made with a manual twine via the running channel close to the bullet, interior at anterior part of the frame. The endoscope is then withdrawn, with the knowledge that no neural shape is interposed or near the running cannula, and successive tubular dilators are handed over the manual twine, in a complete of 04, as 4 new dilators by skip over this guide wire after elimination of the endoscope and ensure no neural shape is interposed with the latter having a running channel of 15.0 mm (internal diameter). It is not feasible to change, due to the fact, it is the methods name. Now, this can permit freeing the bullet, with inside the vertebra, with a probe, past the usage of with the use the drill, so one can permit reaming the vertebral frame space, and freeing the bullet, below fluoroscopic and endoscopic guidance, below direct visualization of neural systems and with entire visualization of neural systems via the usage of radioscopy and endoscopy offer us a space, with more secure and easy surgical procedures and facilitating the surgical procedure. The subsequent step is use, simultaneously, the endoscopic and fluoroscopic visualizations to do the bullets rotate and chew its flap, through a grasper, to seize and take away it [1-5].
After this, peek somatic CAGEs (10mm of height). It is not feasible to change, without danger to the neural systems. The CAGEs are located setting CAGES without danger to neural systems with 20 grams of heterologous bone graft (hydroxyapatite) below fluoroscopic and endoscopic guidance, placed parallel and with inside the anterior 3 of the somatic space, to higher mechanical support for higher vertebral support, we are seeking to location the CAGEs anteriorly, via the usage of radioscopy and endoscopy. So, the surgical implants can be the L3 reconstruction, filling the vertebral hollow. After that, the endoscope is reintroduced via the 15 mm cannula for direct very last visualization of the CAGES and bone graft with inside the very last visualization of the bone graft and CAGEs is furnished on the quit with the reintroduction of the endoscope the usage of the 15 mm cannula with inside the somatic space.
The spinal fixation is observed through the usage of a subsequently, stabilization is achieved via the usage of a percutaneous pedicular screw system. This accurately sized 6 mmor 7 mm diameter pedicle screws are then inserted and bilateral connecting rods have been handed subfascially, following very last tightening of the set screws, the rod and screw extenders have been removed the use of sub fascial dowels permits the advent of screws and rods of good enough length for the affected person's frame, with fixation and tightening, observed through elimination of the system. After all gadgets are removed, direct closure of the pores and skin is achieved. No drainage becomes required. The affected person become discharged after 2 days the pores and skin is sutured in sequence, with the affected person being launched in days, without draining.
Remedy of Lumbar Abnormalities
The remedy of lumbar abnormalities with the use through method of fusion continues to be arguable and plenty needs to be superior want to move a protracted manner due to its controverts. However, the mixture of endoscopic decompression techniques, related to percutaneous pedicle screw fixation, has proven an exceptional cosmetic-useful very last result, with a secure and powerful choice to neural decompress inter body fusion without important technical limitations, proved to be an powerful and superior alternative for vertebral arthrodesis. The Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Inter Body Fusion (PELIF). It is not feasible to change, due to the fact; it is the method"s name is a brand new and superior choice to powerful inter body fusion in complete endoscopic view without technical limitations without important technical limitations, proved to be a powerful and superior alternative for vertebral arthrodesis [5-10].
- Quigley KJ, Place HM (2006) The role of debridement and antibiotics in gunshot wounds to the spine. J Trauma 60: 814-819. [Crossref], [Google Scholar], [Indexed]
- Kim HS, Park KH, Ju C, Kim SW, Lee SM, et al. (2011) Minimally invasive multi-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion using a percutaneously inserted spinal fixation system: technical tips, surgical outcomes. J Korean Neurosurg Soc 50: 441-5. [Crossref], [Google Scholar], [Indexed]
- Morgenstern R (2010) Full endoscopic transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion approach with percutaneous posterior transpedicular screw fixation in a case of spondylolisthesis grade I with L4-5 Central Stenosis. J Crit Spine Cases 3: 115-119. [Crossref], [Google Scholar], [Indexed]
- Morgenstern R (2013) Endoscopically assisted transforaminal percutaneous lumbar interbody fusion. In: Lewandrowski KU, Lee SH, Iprenburg M. (2ndedn), Endoscopic Spinal Surgery. London: JP Medical Publishers Cap.
- Morgenstern R, Morgenstern C (2015) Percutaneous transforaminal lumbar iInterbody fusion (pTLIF) with a posterolateral approach for the treatment of denegerative disk disease: feasibility and preliminary results. Int J Spine Surg 9: 1-10. [Crossref], [Google Scholar], [Indexed]
- Silva AC, Alcantara T, Nogueira MP (2019) The percutaneous endoscopic lumbar interbody fusion (PELIF): an advanced and innovation technique. Int J Recent Surg Med Sci 5: 31-34. [Crossref], [Google Scholar], [Indexed]
- Lee SH (2011) Percutaneous transforaminal lumbar interbody stabilization. In: Kim DH, Kim KH, Kim YC, eds. Minimally invasive percutaneous spinal techniques. (1stedn), Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; Cap.
- Ajay Krishnan (2018) Percutaneous transforaminal endoscopic decompression and cageless percutaneous bone graft transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion: A feasibility study. J Orthopaedics Allied Sci 6: 21-27. [Crossref], [Google Scholar], [Indexed]
- M. Cornefjord (1996) Mechanical and biochemical injury of spinal nerve roots: a morphological and neurophysiological study. Euro Spine J 5:187-192. [Crossref], [Google Scholar], [Indexed]
- Kafui Dzirasa (2010) Lithium ameliorates nucleus accumbens phase-signaling dysfunction in a genetic mouse model of mania. J Neurosci 30: 16314-16323. [Crossref], [Google Scholar], [Indexed]