Corrosive Ingestion Injuries-A Case Report
Corrosive Ingestion Injuries- A Case Report
The present study reveals a catastrophic corrosive ingestion injury of upper gastrointestinal tract. A 17 year old boy intentionally ingested some corrosive acid and died due to perforation of stomach and peritonitis. The autopsy findings and toxicological analysis report confirmed that he had ingested sulphuric acid. A thorough literature review of corrosive ingestion injuries, their diagnosis and treatment allowed to show the fatality of such cases depend on the type and amount of corrosive ingested, the state of stomach whether empty or full, the promptness of treatment given and various such factors.