Editorial, J Chem Appl Chem Eng Vol: 6 Issue: 1
Effect of Temperature on the Performance Factors and Durability of Proton Exchange Membrane of Hydrogen Fuel Cell: A Narrative Review
Hydrogen Energy Laboratory, BCSIR Laboratories, Chattogram, Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR), Bangladesh
*Corresponding Author: Dr. Shehan Habib, Hydrogen Energy Laboratory, BCSIR Laboratories, Chattogram, Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR), Bangladesh, E-mail: [email protected]
Received date: 04 January, 2022, Manuscript No. JCACE-22-55970;
Editor assigned date: 06 January, 2022, PreQC No. JCACE-22-55970 (PQ);
Reviewed date: 17 January, 2022, QC No. JCACE-22-55970;
Revised date: 24 January, 2022, Manuscript No. JCACE-22-55970 (R);
Published date: 31 January, 2022, DOI: 10.4172/Jcace.1000e002
Keywords: Analytical Chemistry, Astrochemistry, Atmospheric chemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biological Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
Hydrogen energy cell technology is now being considerably delved around the world to find a dependable renewable energy source. Global warming, public disasters, reactionary- energy dearth’s have drawn global attention to terrain friendly and renewable energy source. The hydrogen energy cell technology most clearly fits those essentials. New inquiries grease perfecting performance, abidance, cost-effectiveness, and prostrating limitations of the energy cells. The colorful factors affecting the features and the effectiveness of a energy cell must be explored in the course of advancement in a specific manner. Temperature is one of the most critical performance-changing parameters of Proton Exchange Membrane Energy Cells (PEMFC). In this review paper, we've bandied the impact of temperature on the effectiveness and continuity of the hydrogen energy cell, more precisely, on a Proton Exchange Membrane Energy Cell (PEMFC). We plant that increase in temperature increases the performance and effectiveness, power product, voltage, leakage current, but decreases mass crossover and continuity. But we concluded with the findings that an optimum temperature is needed for the stylish performance.
In the face of global warming, carbon pollution, reactionary energy decline hydrogen energy cell is an instigative new platform to manage up with both energy and environmental issues. In the ultramodern world, there's a huge demand for hydrogen energy in the diligence. Hydrogen gas can be produced from reactionary energy (coal, gas, petroleumetc or renewable energy sources (solar, wind, geothermal energy, biogas, biomass, etc.. This hydrogen gas can be a universal energy that can be produced using all being energy sources and can be stored for any time of unborn use. In an energy cell, electricity is produced with a chemical response between hydrogen and oxygen where hydrogen gives an electron by oxidation response to the anode and becomes an electron less hydrogen ion called proton. This proton passes through the proton exchange membrane and reacts with oxygen by a reduction response with the conformation of water and heat. In the external circuit, the electron inflow gives the affair current cargo. We can get electricity from an electrochemical response with zero emigration of dangerous chemicals and feasts. That’s why the energy cell technology is considered to be sustainable and emigration-free energy result for unborn demand. The energy cell has a wide range of operations. Because it operates with lower start-up- time, zero knocking, no carbon emigration and ultramodern electricity product technology. It can be a source of energy for vehicles, diligence, electricity demand, and indeed ménage chores. A energy cell can meet MW position power demand in the grid. The power of the energy cell may remain lateral by side of the grid. When the grid power becomes low also the energy cell power can be a good indispensable source of power with kW position.
In the electrochemical response in energy cell, there's a generation of heat along with the electricity and water. This heat can be used in the water boiling system with 90 effectiveness. Energy cells are being used in vehicles as a mobile battery. Without contaminating the terrain, electricity can be produced along with heat and water from hydrogen and oxygen gas fed into the PEMFC. In this response process, there are a lot of parameters to be considered to make the response process continue for a long duration without interruption. The different factors affecting the armature and the performance of a energy cell must be explored in a precise manner in the way of progress. Among all the parameters, the temperature of energy cell is a significant performance changing factor. In this review paper we will concentrate on the goods of temperature on the performance and continuity of hydrogen energy cell and more specifically, a Proton Exchange Membrane Energy Cell (PEMFC).
Performance and Efficiency
Eat creates during the PEMFC activity. For better effectiveness and consistence yield there should be a cooling interaction either via air or liquid to dispose of the cell created heat. The proton trade layer power module shows better execution with the increase in temperature and strain. Since the entropy change is little during the increase in temperature and tension. A less opportunity of entropy demonstrates better and stable execution in a power module. As the nuclear power is improved, the general execution like flow, flow thickness, voltage, power creation of a proton trade film energy unit gets to the next level. It has been seen in another review that power device execution expanded when the temperature expanded . Ordinarily it is viewed as that the effectiveness of the PEMFC is expanded concerning the expansion in temperature.At this high-temperature range from 90 to 200, the pace of proton trade through the layer turns out to be high and that is the reason there is a fast ascent in response system in anode and cathode. The exchange of mass decidedly ascends with the ascent of the temperature. Hydrogen power module is a promising wellspring of an environmentally friendly power in the impending days. Yet, the framework is as yet not financially plausible as the expense of development is high, the somewhat economical impetus is yet to be found, solidness isn't sufficient, the expense of creating hydrogen gas is high, etc. Power device execution will change contingent upon structural plan, part plan, the synthetic creation of parts, air details, the boundaries inside the power device, the best working condition, the capacity to produce energy. A ceaseless exhibition can be seen through an energy unit test station arrangement. In this paper, we can reason that temperature essentially affects practically all encompassing boundaries and plan parts. Thus, taking into account this large number of impacts, the ideal temperature ought to be utilized. As the higher temperature has been viewed as helpful much of the time, plan varieties are expected to work with it. We have additionally talked about the plan varieties that can be valuable for utilizing high temperature. This audit paper can prompt a legitimate mix and particular of the plan parts and factors to foster reason explicit Hydrogen energy components.
- Staffell I, Scamman D, Velazquez Abad A (2019) The role of hydrogen and fuel cells in the global energy system. Energy Environ Sci 12: 463–91. [Crossref], [Google Scholar]
- Hosseini SE, Wahid MA (2015) Hydrogen production from renewable and sustainable energy resources: Promising green energy carrier for clean development. Renew Sustain Energy Rev, 57: 850–866. [Crossref], [Google Scholar]
- Dodds, PE, Staffell I, Hawkes AD, Li F (2015) Hydrogen and fuel cell technologies for heating: A review. Int J Hydrog Energy 40: 2065–2083. [Crossref], [Google Scholar]
- Kim S, Hong I (2008) Effects of humidity and temperature on a proton exchange membrane fuel cell (PEMFC) stack. J Ind Eng Chem 14:357–64. [Crossref], [Google Scholar]
- BezmalinoviÄ? D, Strahl S, Roda V (2014) Water transport study in a high-temperature proton exchange membrane fuel cell stack. Int J Hydrog Energy 39:10627–40. [Crossref], [Google Scholar]
- Amphlett JC, Mann RF, Peppley BA (1996) A model predicting transient responses of proton exchange membrane fuel cells. J Power Sources 61:183–8. [Crossref], [Google Scholar]
- Abdukarimov A, Noor IS, Mamatkarimov O, Arof AK (2021) Influence of charge carrier density, mobility and diffusivity on conductivity–temperature dependence in polyethylene oxide–based gel polymer electrolytes. High Perform Polym 34: 232-241. [Crossref], [Google Scholar]
- Boschloo G, Hagfeldt A (2009) Characteristics of the iodide/triiodide redox mediator in dye-sensitized solar cells. Acc Chem Res 42: 1819–1826. [Crossref], [Google Scholar]
- Mamatkarimov O, Abdukarimov A (2021) About the characteristics of multilayer thin-film structures with dyes based on titanium dioxide. Euro Asia Semicond 2: 28. [Crossref], [Google Scholar]
- Caramori S, Ronconi F, Argazzi R, Carli S, Boaretto R et al. (2016) Solar energy conversion in photoelectrochemical systems. Appl Photochem 92: 67–143. [Crossref], [Google Scholar]