Short Communication, J Nurs Patient Care Vol: 8 Issue: 2
Significance of Adopting a Holistic Approach to Enhance Patient Care Outcomes
Received date: 02 June, 2023, Manuscript No. JNPC-23-107316;
Editor assigned date: 05 June, 2023, PreQC No. JNPC-23-107316 (PQ);
Reviewed date: 19 June, 2023, QC No. JNPC-23-107316;
Revised date: 26 June, 2023, Manuscript No. JNPC-23-107316 (R);
Published date: 06 July, 2023, DOI: 10.4172/2573-4571.1000033
Citation: Akroute B (2023) Significance of Adopting a Holistic Approach to Enhance Patient Care Outcomes. J Nurs Patient Care 8:2.
Patient care is the foundation of healthcare delivery, encompassing a wide range of activities aimed at developing the well-being and recovery of individuals. It involves providing compassionate, personalized, and comprehensive care that addresses including the patients' physical requirements but also their emotional, social, and psychological well-being [1-3]. We delve into the key components of patient care, including effective communication, empathetic engagement, personalized treatment plans, and collaborative decisionmaking. Furthermore, we discuss the importance of integrating advanced technologies and evidence-based practices into patient care, while acknowledging the crucial role of healthcare professionals in providing compassionate and comprehensive care. By implementing a holistic approach to patient care, healthcare systems can optimize patient experiences, improve clinical outcomes, and foster a patientcentered healthcare environment.
Effective communication is located at the heart of patient care. It involves clear and timely exchange of information between healthcare providers, patients, and their families. Healthcare professionals must employ active learning abilities, use language that patients can understand, and provide information in a compassionate and empathetic manner. Effective communication helps to build reliability, reduces anxiety, and improves patient accomplishment [4-6]. It allows patients to establish an active role in their care, educated decisions, and express their worries to healthcare professionals. In addition, interaction among individuals of the medical professionals is essential for organized and effective treatment administration. Collaboration of communication contributes to improve patient outcomes and prevent medical errors.
Empathetic engagement is a fundamental aspect of patient care that involves comprehension and responding to the emotional and psychological needs of patients. Healthcare professionals should strive to develop interaction and create a safe and supportive environment where patients feel comfortable expressing their concerns, fears, and aspirations. Empathy enables healthcare providers to connect with patients on a higher level, creating reliability and a therapeutic connection [7,8]. By emphasizing patients' emotions and experiences, medical professionals can modify their treatment to satisfy the specifications of every patient, providing relaxation and relief during instances of difficulty. Empathetic engagement not only enhances patient accomplishment but also improves clinical outcomes and develops overall well-being.
Personalized treatment plans
Every patient is unique, with a different healthcare requirements, preferences, and values. Individual elements are considered in personalized treatment plans to provide personalized treatment. Healthcare professionals should collaborate with patients to develop patient care plans that promote with their objectives, cultural origins, and personal circumstances. By involving patients in decision-making, healthcare providers empower individuals to take an active role in their patient care profession. Personalized treatment plans improve patient adherence to treatment regimens, enhance satisfaction, and contribute to better health outcomes. They recognize the importance of patient autonomy and promote a patient-centred method to care.
Collaborative decision-making involves specified responsibility and communication between healthcare providers and patients. It recognizes that patients are experts in their personal lives and it should be involved in decisions about their care. Healthcare professionals should provide comprehensive information about diagnosis, treatment options, potential risks, and benefits, enabling patients to develop educated decisions. It enhances patient autonomy, improves treatment adherence, and strengthens the patient-provider association . It stimulates a sense of partnership and shared responsibility, ensuring that the patient care plan is aligned with the patient's values, preferences, and specifications. Health care providers can improve patient treatment and outcomes by including patients in decisionmaking processes.
Integration of advanced technologies
The integration of advanced technologies in patient care has revolutionized healthcare delivery. Electronic health records, telemedicine, remote monitoring systems, and mobile health applications have facilitated efficient communication, improved access to healthcare services, and enhanced care co-ordination. These technologies enable healthcare providers to monitor patients remotely, exchange information in real-time, and engage in telehealth consultations . They also support the implementation of evidencebased practices, facilitate medication management, and enhance patient education. Leveraging advanced technologies in patient care reduces healthcare disparities, increases patient engagement, and improves clinical outcomes.
The adoption of evidence-based practices is essential in providing high-quality patient care. Evidence-based care integrates the available research evidence with clinical expertise and patient values. Healthcare professionals should remain updated with recent research findings, clinical guidelines, and best practices to ensure that patients receive the most effective treatments. Evidence-based care minimizes variations in practice, improves patient safety, and enhances clinical outcomes. It also promotes cost-effective healthcare delivery and ensures that resources are used efficiently.
- Manickam R (2015) Multimodal physiotherapeutic approach in treating a patient with acute cervical disc prolapse: A case report. j physiother res 3(6):1312-1317.
- Tsao S, Pidcoe P (2008) The management of a patient with a cervical disc herniation: A case report. Clin Med Case Rep 22(1):45-49.
- Gaurav M (2016) Effectiveness of manual therapy in the treatment of pivd in lower cervical spine: A case report. J Med Sci 2(2):31-34.
- Dharmajaya R, Dina S, Ratna G (2017) A comparison of the quality of sleep between pre and post-surgery cervical herniated nucleus pulposus patients utilizing the anterior discectomy method. Open Access Maced J Med Sci 5(7):948-954.
- Sharrak S, Khalili AY (2022) Cervical disc herniation. Stat Pearls.
- Wong JJ, Cote P, Quesnele JJ, Stern PJ, Mior SA, et al. (2014) The course and prognostic factors of symptomatic cervical disc herniation with radiculopathy: A systematic review of the literature. Spine J 14(8):1781-1789.
- Schuermans V, Smeets A, Boselie T, Candel M, Curfs I, et al. (2022) Research protocol: Cervical Arthroplasty Cost Effectiveness Study (CACES): Economic evaluation of Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Arthroplasty (ACDA) versus Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion (ACDF) in the surgical treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease a randomized controlled trial. Trials 23(1):715.
- Danazumi MS (2019) Physiotherapy management of lumbar disc herniation with radiculopathy: A narrative review. Niger J Exp Clin Biosci 7(2):93-100.
- Gross A, Kay TM, Paquin JP, Blanchette S, Lalonde P et al. (2015) Exercises for mechanical neck disorders. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 1(1):CD004250.
- Akkan H, Gelecek N (2018) The effect of stabilization exercise training on pain and functional status in patients with cervical radiculopathy. J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil 31(2):247-252.