Journal of Blood Research & Hematologic Diseases

All submissions of the EM system will be redirected to Online Manuscript Submission System. Authors are requested to submit articles directly to Online Manuscript Submission System of respective journal.

Editorial,  J Blood Res Hematol Dis Vol: 5 Issue: 1

The Proteinaceous Component of Blood

Alan M Miller*

Chief of Oncology, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, USA

*Corresponding Author : Alan M. Miller
Chief of Oncology, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Tel: + 303-673-1944

Received: April 06, 2020 Accepted: April 23, 2020 Published: April 30, 2020

Citation: Miller AM (2020) The Proteinaceous Component of Blood. J Blood Res Hematol Dis 5:1. doi: 10.37532/jbrhd.2020.5(1).e101


Blood is a combination of plasma and cells that circulate through the entire body. It is a specialized bodily fluid that supplies essential substances around the body, such as sugars, oxygen, and hormones. Blood transports oxygen and nutrients around the body and removes cellular waste, among a range of other vital functions. Plasma makes up 55 percent of blood content. The other 45 percent consists mainly of red blood cells and platelets. Blood groups are categorized based on the antibodies and antigens in the cell. Receiving an incompatible blood donation can lead to fatal complications. Anemia, blood cancer, and clots are all potential disorders of the blood. It also removes waste from the cells in the body.

Rate of blood flow varies greatly between different organs. Liver has the most abundant blood supply with an approximate flow of 1350 ml/ min. Kidney and brain are the second and the third most supplied organs, with 1100 ml/min and 700 ml/min, respectively. In vertebrates, the various cells of blood are made in the bone marrow in a process called hematopoiesis, which includes erythropoiesis, the production of red blood cells; and myelopoiesis, the production of white blood cells and platelets. During childhood, almost every human bone produces red blood cells; as adults, red blood cell production is limited to the larger bones: the bodies of the vertebrae, the breastbone (sternum), the ribcage, the pelvic bones, and the bones of the upper arms and legs. In addition, during childhood, the thymus gland, found in the mediastinum, is an important source of T lymphocytes. The proteinaceous component of blood (including clotting proteins) is produced predominantly by the liver, while hormones are produced by the endocrine glands and the watery fraction is regulated by the hypothalamus and maintained by the kidney. Healthy erythrocytes have a plasma life of about 120 days before they are degraded by the spleen, and the Kupffer cells in the liver. The liver also clears some proteins, lipids, and amino acids. The kidney actively secretes waste products into the urine.

I would like to express my views about this journal as it mainly focus on the research in Blood and Hematologic Diseases covering all the research areas of Anemia, Bleeding Disorders, Blood, Blood Cancers, Blood Cells, Blood Coagulation, Blood Disorders, Blood Vessels, Circulatory System, Hematology, Hematopoiesis, Hemoglobin, Hemostasis, Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma, Stem Cell Transplant, Thrombosis, Transfusion medicine.

The Journal distributes peer-explored unique research, legitimate surveys, even discourse on huge articles, and master feeling on new procedures and innovation. The Journal is currently running with Volume 5 Issue 1 Commitments from everywhere throughout the world are incredibly invited.

Journal of Blood Research & Hematologic Diseases began in the year 2016 and got support from the patrons just as the endorsers. Journal keeps on distributing new research on all parts of Hematologic. Nonetheless, the editors are acutely mindful that in specific fields, for example, Hematologic framework and are on edge to make great such insufficiencies and welcome the accommodation both of reports on close to home research and of wide-running studies. The support of suitable entries is one of the primary duties of the Advisory Editorial Board, and arrangements to it have consistently been made with the end goal of expanding association in the Journal.

international publisher, scitechnol, subscription journals, subscription, international, publisher, science

Track Your Manuscript

Recommended Conferences