GET THE APP

Market Analysis | SciTechnol

Journal of Neuroscience & Clinical Research.

All submissions of the EM system will be redirected to Online Manuscript Submission System. Authors are requested to submit articles directly to Online Manuscript Submission System of respective journal.

Editorial, J Neurosci Clin Res Vol: 5 Issue: 1

Market Analysis

Deanna Mastellone

Dementia Advocate,Neurology,Sydney University,Australia, E-mail: deannamm@bigpond.net.au

Keywords: Neuroscience

Dementia 2020 conference will provide a chance to all partners working on Dementia diseases to discuss their work. It will bring together eminent speakers, junior and senior researchers, scientists, neurologists, medicine and medical device industry will come to discuss about their theories and reports. The conference will have sessions by world-class specialists in the field of Dementia, neurology and nursing. In Dementia 2020 global symposiums, B2B gatherings, workshops, poster presentations will be organized to talk about the particular subjects in the field of Dementia disorder.

Dementia is a terminal illness, with 1 in 3 over 80 years of age being diagnosed. Every 3 seconds around the globe someone is diagnosed with dementia. 1 in 10 become carers for their loved ones and look after them at home. Only 30 % are cared for in Aged Care Facilities and the other 70% are cared for at home by their loved ones.

According to WHO Dementia is defined as a disorder which is progressive in nature and deterioration in memory, thinking, behaviour and the ability to perform daily activities. Alzheimer disease is the most common form of dementia and may contribute to 60–70% of cases. Dementia has a physical, psychological, social, and economic impact, not only on people with dementia, but also on their careers, families, carers and society at large.

Why to organize this conference

The main reason of organising this conference is to spread awareness about a very serious disease Dementia which is most commonly found in old age people. In this conference people with dementia reach background will come together and express their views on dementia disorder and their main motto is to provide useful information to the attendee so that they can further spread their knowledge to other people.

We need to create global awareness of this humanitarian crisis, not only discussing research but also what strategies are needed to protect all our futures. Unpaid carers are saving the world billions of $$$ each year with all their endless sacrifices and we need to protect and support all carers.

Scope

Dementia is a syndrome, usually of a chronic or progressive nature, caused by a variety of brain illnesses that affect memory, thinking, behaviour and ability to perform everyday activities. The number of people living with dementia worldwide is currently estimated at 50 million and will almost triple by 2050. Dementia is overwhelming not only for the people who have it, but also for their caregivers and families. There is a lack of awareness and understanding of dementia in most countries, resulting in stigmatization, barriers to diagnosis and care, and impacting carers, families and societies physically, psychologically and economically. The number of people with dementia is expected to increase to 82 million in 2030 and 152 million in 2050. The high cost of the disease will challenge health systems to deal with the predicted future increase of cases. The costs are estimated at US$ 818 billion per year at present and are set to increase even more quickly than the prevalence. Carers require support from the health, social, financial and legal systems. Early diagnosis improves the quality of life of people with dementia and their families. More research is needed to develop new and more effective treatments and to better understand the causes of dementia. Research that identifies the modifiable risk factors of dementia is still scarce.

Business value of Dementia

SEATTLE, May 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- According to Coherent Market Insights, the global dementia drugs market was valued US$ 13.90 Billion in 2017 and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.4% over the forecast period (2018 – 2026).

Supporting Journals

International Journal of Mental Health & Psychiatry

Journal of Neuroscience & Clinical Research

Journal of Spine & Neurosurgery

image

image

Track Your Manuscript