Market Analysis, J Forensic Toxicol Pharmacol Vol: 9 Issue: 1
Market Analysis of 20th Annual Meet on Pharmaceutical Sciences
Professor, Department of Pharmacy, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran, E-mail: [email protected]
Keywords: Forensic Medicine
The pharmaceutical of Drug Delivery is a stimulating field as it links many scientific disciplines and allows for collaboration with other scientists in researching and developing new drugs. Medicinal chemists apply their chemistry training to the process of synthesizing new pharmaceuticals. They also improve the processes by which existing pharmaceuticals are made. Medicinal chemists are focused on drug discovery and development and are concerned with the isolation of medicinal agents found in plants, as well as the creation of new synthetic drug compounds.
Drug Discovery volumes continue to rise in the U.S. and chemical market expected to contract this year—As a result, chemical industry capital spending in the U.S. surged 12.1% in 2014 and gained 21.0% in 2015, reaching $43.58 billion and accounting for more than one-half of total construction spending by the manufacturing sector. The association representing US-based chemical producers said that US chemical production (excluding pharmaceuticals) is expected to realize the overall growth of 1.6% in 2016, followed by 4.1% growth next year, and 5.0% in 2018. Average annual gains of over 8% per year in U.S. Chemical industry capital spending are expected through 2018 with only a minor slowdown in subsequent growth expected. By 2021, ACC expects capital spending to reach $70 billion, contributing to four consecutive years of job growth in the industry. American chemistry revenues will exceed $1.0 trillion by 2020.
Pharmacy Council stated that more than 275 new chemical production projects had been announced since 2010 with a total value of more than $170 billion, with a full 49% already complete or under construction; 61% of these are the foreign direct investment. By 2021, U.S. capital spending by the chemical industry will reach $65 billion—more than triple the level of spending at the start of this prolonged cycle in 2010. The trade surplus in chemicals (excluding pharmaceuticals) will grow to $36 billion this year as exports rise by 2% to $132 billion and imports hold steady at $96 billion. Two-way trade between the U.S. and its foreign partners will reach $227 billion this year and will grow steadily over the coming years.
The popularity of Formulation and Drug Discovery has increased significantly in recent years. The Drug Delivery Technology market is expected to reach USD 1,504.7 Billion by 2020 from USD 1,048.1 Billion in 2015, growing at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2015 to 2020. Drug delivery technology market offers a promising approach for the delivery of various kinds of drugs that have different molecular formulation. Drug delivery technology is aimed at maximizing the drug delivery at the targeted site so as to increase the efficiency of drug and proposing improved patient compliance.
Importance & Scope:
Pharmacy is the health profession that links the health sciences with the chemical sciences, and it is charged with ensuring the safe and effective use of medication. The scope of pharmacy practice includes compounding and dispensing medications, and it also related to more modern services like patient care, including clinical services, reviewing medications for safety and efficacy, and providing drug information.
Well modern pharmacy profession has number of ways to mould the career. They can go for R&D, F&D, Toxicology, Clinical and Preclinical trials and clinical research, Quality control and assurance, IPR, DRA, biopharmaceutics, kinetic studies, marketing, Teaching professional and also in Information technology (as medical writer etc.). A person with pharmacy graduate can also go for Drug inspector, Government Analyst which are government jobs. So, lot of fields and vacancies are available for Pharmacy graduates.
Recently, Economic recession is not affected to any pharmaceutical industry. This is because demand of drugs will not suppress ever. Lot of new problems regarding health and sanitation are arising day by day. Lot of work is there for pharmacist to take care of public sector.
Pharm.D is introduced in India from October 2008. It will definitely going to enhance the scope of pharmacy and make them registered globally.
From here, you will come to know that future of pharmacy is very bright and growth rate is exponentially increased year by year.
Fig 2: Depicting US controlled release drug delivery market size from 2014-2015.
• Directors, CEO’s of Organizations
• Business Development Managers
• Chief Scientific Officers
• R&D Researchers from Pharma Industries
• Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors
• PhD Scholars
• Patent Attorneys
• Investment Analysts
• Association, Association presidents and professionals
• Noble laureates in Health Care and Medicine
• Bio instruments Professionals
• Bio-informatics Professionals
• Software development companies
• Research Institutes and members
• Supply Chain companies
• Manufacturing Companies
• CRO and DATA management Companies
• Training Institutes
• Business Entrepreneurs
• A Menarini Asia-Pacific Holdings Pte Ltd,
• Ab Sciex (Distribution)
• Abbott Laboratories (S) Pte Ltd,
• Abbott Mfg Singapore Pte Ltd,
• Abbvie Pte Ltd,
• Acyx Enterprise
• Advance Healthcare Pte Ltd,
• Advanced Medi Mart,
• Agila Specialties Global Pte Ltd,
• Alcon Singapore Mfg Pte Ltd,
• Allergen Singapore Pte Ltd,
• Apd Pharmaceutical Mfg Pte Ltd,
• Apex Pharma Marketing Pte Ltd,
• Apotheca Marketing Pte Ltd,
• Aslant Pharmaceuticals Pte Ltd,
• Astonix Life Science (S) Pte Ltd,
• Astrazeneca Singapore Pte Ltd,
• Atlantic Pharmaceutical (S) Pte Ltd,
• Aurum Medicare Pte Ltd,
• Aventis Pharma Mfg Pte Ltd,
• Ayuryoga Clinic of Ayurveda & Yoga Pte Ltd,
• Bago Laboratories Pte Ltd,
• Beacons Pharmaceuticals Pte Ltd,
• Beecham Pharmaceuticals (Pte) Ltd,
Related Associations and Societies:
• International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)
• International Pharmaceutical Students' Federation (IPSF)
• European Association of Employed Community Pharmacists in Europe (EPhEU)
• Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union (PGEU)
• Australian College of Pharmacy
• Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
• The Pharmacy Guild of Australia
• The Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia
• Canadian Pharmacists Association
• Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
• Ontario Pharmacists Association