Market Analysis, Prensa Med Argent Vol: 105 Issue: 6
Market Analysis on Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery
Professor, Health Affairs Department, Primary Health Care Services Sector, Dubai Health Authority, Dubai, UAE, E-mail: Hussainh569@gmail.com
Keywords: La Prensa Medica
Scope and Importance
Dermatology and Cosmetology both are specialization that focuses on studying, researching, diagnosing and managing the health of the skin, scalp, hair and nails. Dermatology is important for a number of reasons like overcome acne (as a teenager or adult), treat eczema or psoriasis, examine skin spots, receive skin cancer screening, treat nail disorders, spot early signs of more serious diseases based on nail health, address hair loss, treat scars and much more. The beauty industry is a thriving place, and cosmetology and dermatology plays a big part in the dermatology & cosmetology industry, hair care takes up 24% of the market share by revenue, skin care comes in at 23.7%, and cosmetics at 14.6%.
The scope of 8th International Conference on Dermatology and Cosmetology will gather researchers, doctors, dermatologists, cosmetologists and scientists in the domain of interest from all over the world to discuss and exchange their ideas in relevant field to establish business or research relations and to find global partners for future collaboration. The Conference program will include Speakers, Poster Presenters, Sponsors, and Exhibitors from the US, Europe, and Asia/Pacific. The conference will be an exhibition covering the latest technological advances and associated products and services from leading solution providers within this field from around the globe. It is the goal of the organizers to make this meeting an event of scientific excellence, attractive to both industrial and academic scientists in dermatology and cosmetology.
Plastic surgery deals with the repair, reconstruction, or replacement of physical defects of form or function involving the skin, musculoskeletal system, cranio and maxillofacial structures, hand, extremities, breast and trunk, and external genitalia. It uses aesthetic surgical principles not only to improve undesirable qualities of normal structures but in all reconstructive procedures as well.
Special knowledge and skill in the design and surgery of grafts, flaps, free tissue transfer and replantation is necessary. Competence in the management of complex wounds, the use of implantable materials, and tumor surgery is required. Plastic surgery has been prominent in the development of innovative techniques such as microvascular and cranio-maxillofacial surgery, liposuction, and tissue transfer. The foundation of surgical anatomy, physiology, pathology, and other basic sciences is fundamental to this specialty.
Unlike other medical disciplines, plastic surgery is not defined by an anatomic area (Ophthalmology, ENT, thoracic surgery) or organ system (gastroenterology, urology,) or patient age group (pediatrics, adolescent medicine, geriatrics).It deals with everything from head to toe; but is associated with the prefix Plastic which symbolizes nothing to the common man and medical community at large. The spectrum of Plastic surgery is very wide. Plastic surgeons are trained in cranio-maxillo-facial reconstructions, which can be congenital or acquired, cosmetic surgeries, hand and peripheral nerve surgeries, burn management and post burn reconstruction, genitourinary reconstructions, occuloplastic surgeries, bed sore reconstructions, lower limb reconstructions, vascular
as well as lymphatic surgeries, post oncologic reconstructions, and almost all sorts of surgeries which involve restoration of form and function
Plastic Surgery is a kind of cosmetic surgery which is used for the restoration and enhancement of the aesthetic appearance of an individual. Plastic surgery can be performed on any parts of the body. It includes nose, eye, breast, neck and burned site of an individual.
The global plastic surgery market is categorized based on various surgical and non-surgical procedures. The surgical procedure segment is further sub-segmented into liposuction, nasal surgery, breast augmentation, eyelid surgery and tummy tucks surgeries. Non-surgery procedure includes photo rejuvenation and hair removal.
In addition, the global plastic surgery market is also segmented based on various products which are used in surgery procedures. It includes injectables, implants and equipment. Injectables are further sub-segmented into collagen, hyaluronic acid and botulinum toxin. Implants include breast implants, chin and cheek implants and lip implants. Dermal resurfacing lasers, microdermabrators, liposuction equipment and hair removal lasers are some of the major equipment used in plastic surgery.
In terms of geographic, North America and Europe dominates the global plastic surgery market. This is due to rising aging population and high adoption rates of aesthetic products in these regions. The U.S. represents the largest market for plastic surgery followed by Canada in North America. In Europe, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the U.K. holds major share of plastic surgery market. However, Asia is expected to show high growth rates in the next five years in global plastic surgery market due to increasing awareness about plastic surgery procedures and growing medical tourism industry. China and India are expected to be the fastest growing plastic surgery markets in Asia.
In recent time, rising number of geriatric people along with growing demand for retaining young and beauty is key driver for the global plastic surgery market. In addition, technological advancement in surgeries and rising number of obese and over-weight people have also fueled the growth of global plastic surgery market. However, high cost of surgeries and stringent regulatory approvals are some of the major restraints for the global plastic surgery market. In addition, high risks of adverse effects associated with surgeries also obstruct the growth of global plastic surgery market. Increasing usage of plastic surgery biomaterials develops opportunity for the market.
The cosmetic surgery and procedure market size was valued to be over USD 26.3 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% over the forecast period. Global increase in the incidence of acne and other skin-related conditions has driven the market. Furthermore, rapidly aging population and increasing concerns about wrinkles & related skin disorders are some of the key factors likely to boost the market.
U.S. cosmetic surgery and procedure market by type, 2014 - 2025 (USD Billion)
Sex Reassignment Surgery Market size was valued over USD 200 million in 2017 and is expected to witness more than 25% CAGR from 2018 to 2024.
U.S. Sex Reassignment Surgery Market, By gender transition, 2013 – 2024 (USD Million)
Worldwide Universities with Plastic Surgery
• University of California, USA
• University of Colorado Denver, USA
• University of Iowa, USA
• University of Minnesota Twin Cities, USA
• Mayo Medical School, USA
• University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, USA
• Boston University School of Medicine, USA
• Harvard Medical School, USA
• Aix-Marseille University, France
• National University of Singapore, Singapore
• University of Melbourne, Australia
• Tsinghua University, China
• Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
• University of Tokyo, Japan
• University of Sydney, Australia
Associations across the Globe:
• American Pediatric Surgical Association, USA
• American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, USA
• European Associations of Plastic Surgeons, Italy
• American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery, USA
• American Society of Transplant Surgeons, USA
• The European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, Germany
• International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Germany
• International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation, USA
• American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, USA
• International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, USA
List of Societies in Europe:
• European Association of Plastic Surgeons
• European Society of Aesthetic Surgery
• Belgian Society of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery (BSPRAS)
• Hungarian Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic (HSPRAS)
• Italian Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (SICPRE)
• Spanish Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (SECPRE)
• German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (DGPRÄC)
• Swedish Association of Plastic Surgeons
• French Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
• Austrian Society for Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery
• International Federation of Facial Plastic Surgery Societies
Industries across the Globe:
• Johnson & Johnson, USA
• Siemens Healthcare, Germany
• Medtronic, USA
• Baxter International, USA
• Covidien, Ireland
• Abbott Labs, USA
• Cardinal Health, USA
• Stryker, USA
• B. Braun, Germany
Global Funding Bodies:
• Arthur Tracy Cabot Fellowship
• Global Surgery Fellowship
• NIH Loan Repayment Program
• Plastic Surgery Education Foundation
• Fogarty International Center Research Training Grants
• Gorgas Memorial Research Award
• AAS Research Fellowship
• ACS Research Fellowship
• American Association of University Women
• Thrasher Research Foundation
• Global Health Scholars Program
• Garnham Fellowship RSTMH
Plastic Surgery 2020 seeks to bring all surgeons, surgical nurses, scientists, noble laureate, researcher, research scholar, students and people together who are involved in field of surgery and provide a global platform to discuss about their innovation, exchange ideas and interaction with each other.
Conference Name: 8th Global Experts Meetings on Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery
Venue: Singapore City, Singapore
Date: April 22-23, 2020
Mail I’d: firstname.lastname@example.org
Singapore City, Singapore